Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Monday, June 1, 2015

We had 'Inter-zone Exchanges', which means we all packed up and worked in another person's area and stayed in their apartment with a new companion for three days. Before we loaded cars for a 3 hour drive -we did this, why you ask? I don't know why.




This exchange all was based on lie from our zone leaders that a few of us would be headed down to McAllen for three days, so we packed up all of our nicest clothes and the Elders had their suites and then we all met up at the church and were told that we would just be out working in another part of Laredo...I went with S. Sarimiento to 'Southgate' Laredo. Basically it's the hood, and S. Sarimiento is a native from Chile, who has learned english while on the mission. Naturally we had a blast, and I learned new Chilean slang/spanish words. 
At the end of this exchange we all had to share a miracle that we witnessed, I shared two and I will share them both with you now....
First miracle
Although it may seem ridiculous, I truly believe angels were with us. We went to teach a lesson to one of their investigators, "Jesus" or Chewy for short, and we woke him up by banging on the window. His grandmother welcomed us in and guided us to her husband in the back room, who was lying on the bed sick with hip problems. I had been sitting at the foot of this man's bed for almost 15 min when he started to show signs of wanting to sit up. I got up to help him and immediately Chewy's grandma throws a blanket at her husband and S. Sarimiento grabs my arm for me to sit down. The pobrecito was naked but I hadn't seem to have noticed his leg up the whole time, I had genuinely thought the man was wearing brown underwear; I was wrong. That underwear was made of hair, but my eyes were shielded for all of those 15 min and then we had a wonderful lesson with their investigator Chewy. 



Second miracle
We found a family! While walking down a random street, we were acctually lost at the time. We stopped and talked to some people on the street. They had just moved from Nuevo Laredo and were talking to the missionaries over there and have come to church a number of times. They wanted to know where the church was in Laredo and when they could be baptized. (jaw-dropped) 
All eight of these people now are planning on getting baptized on the 21st of June, just three days before my birthday! Pretty neat experience. 

In other exciting news, we had a flash flood while on bikes (since we had no miles to drive the car) but the other sisters picked us up and gave us a ride. The weather is completely unpredictable down here but it makes things fun!




Hope everyone has a wonderful week! 
Laredo Loves You
H mckenna Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment