Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Monday, June 8, 2015

The start of summer as a missionary ........

Hard Work. Life is hard work. The mission is hard work. I don't think I have ever worked so hard in my life, mentally, emotionally or physically. 

As of right now, we don't have that many people that we are teaching; and as a result we have been knocking a lot of doors. I've decided that knocking doors is the ultimate test of a persons conviction, how much do you love Heavenly Father... cause no sane person would stand out in the heat and do this 24 hours a day, everyday. The best part about this realization is that I'm not miserable. We spent all our time outside this week, I am talking about 90 degree weather that will be hitting the 100s this week - the only way we've found to describe the heat is it feels like someone is blow-drying your eyeballs as you are riding your bike, and when we're riding in our car currently because our air conditioning is broken. Horrendous right? 

Well actually no, not so bad. We decided last Friday that we were going to have a week of happiness via dancing; it requires no complaining and when we feel like we are going to die, we just stop whatever we are doing and learn a new dance. It's genius, and happiness becomes such a simple thing. 
Also a couple of miracles came from our happy dances. People noticed us dancing or laughing, as a result we met some cool families and were let into their air conditioned homes for a period of time and were able to share a scripture or a video with them. Lots of people gave us bottles of water. As well, I was able to learn the Bachata, the ChaCha, the Salsa, and Cumbia...I am going to be a latin ballroom expert when I get home. 

The week closed with President Maluenda coming up to Laredo, for a surprise meeting. He called a council with all the branch presidencies and elder's quorum presidencies and then us, as the missionaries to come and make plans for how to help Laredo become a 'Stake' as opposed to just a 'District'. What I got out of the meeting is that I LOVE LAREDO. Hope everyone is loving where they are living and working, life is so much impacted by our perspective. 

Laredo Loves U, 
H. mckenna Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment