Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Friday, January 23, 2015

There was a lot of happiness this week, and a lot of stories. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of time to organize thoughts but here is small highlight of some of the days this week. Jan. 13th - Sister BARTON arrived! Happiness, from the moment she got to Laredo we have been inseperable (obviously since we're companions) but we have genuinely just been best friends and it has made all the difference in the work. She arrived later in the evening on Tuesday so the day was spent getting her adjusted and moved in. Jan. 14th - stress came as I realized that I would have to plan for our area and set appointments for us but then everything just fell into place. We had appointments every hour with different people and the day just flew by, though the last hour and a half of the day was one of the weirdest on my mission. We brought a member to my favorite investigators, the Perez family. Un-knowingly I invited a less active member and her kids (who are the same ages as the Perez children), well it turned into us listening to the member tell story after random story for the whole hour and a half... what do you do? We tried to intervene and tie things back to the lesson but she just talked right over us, never stopping to breathe... this all had a happy ending - the less active family came to church for the first time in quite a while and the Perez family didn't seem phased by the chaos. Jan. 15th - Found a former investigator who was taught just last spring and he had the chicken pox so we are going to come back this week to teach him! Super happy. Also the best quote from sister barton on Thursday, "Wow. It's halfway through January - that means the year is 1/24th of the way over." A chunk of my mission is behind me and happiness, excitement for the coming year and pride at my completion thus far are all on my mind. Jan. 17th - We had zone exchanges and there was also a wedding that took up the whole day! We got to help set up, clean and watch the most adorable couple get married! The wedding was in the church's gym and yet the whole branch contributed to make it special, it was pretty special! Happiness is a choice. Right now, it is super easy for me to be happy it seems but I dont want to be happy only when things are going "good". Thing inevitably crash and the same is true for life you've got to take the good with the bad. The key is to be happy without being indifferent in the roughest moments of the day. Love from Laredo, H. Boo Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment