Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hola Familia! Happiness came through facetime this week! This last week was wonderful, full of food, present delivering, service projects and member karaoke, oh and a pinata. Dec. 23 - Miracles came, in the form of new investigators and teaching lessons. We found three new people to teach today - one family and a single mother. The issue with finding people right before Christmas, they all are going out of town until the second week of January. Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve was one fiesta after another, we went from house to house (like Santa Claus). We had 3 meal appointments and in between them we dropped off gifts to some less active families, it was a great day. Every meal appointment included reading the Christmas story (or Luke 2) except one appointment. Sister Gardiner showed us a compiling of scriptures that she made after her mission, that is a full spectrum of Christ's story - I will be reading it for the rest of my life with my future kids...I will put the scripture references at the bottom of the email. Oh and at the final meal appointment with President Wagner, there was a pinata...who could ask for anything more? Dec. 25 - Christmas on the mission - its really nothing you can prepare for mentally or physically until it hits you like a speed-train and you're left with the aftermath. Learning from the whole experience, people step up to comfort you when you give them a chance. One family in particular, the Reeves, took in the sister missionaries and I will forever be grateful! The members are way more impressive than the missionaries this holiday season, the Reeves family not only opened up their home for us, four sisters, but contacted our parents and arranged the best times for us to each call then comforted us as we ended each call in tears and fed us dinner before we left. Heavenly Father works through us to bless those around us, and through others to bless us - we have to be ready to do what we can to be this blessing when we get the opportunity! The Reeves family were angels for us on Christmas but there was angels everyday. Dec. 27 - Zone leaders decided to do a zone blitz/white wash: everyone goes with a new companion to a different area to work. Sister Hemmingsen and I went to the zone leaders area, right on the border of mexico. I loved it. The leaders were nervous about it being dangerous for sisters but it turned out great - we visited some of their members and met multiple old couples walking the streets (hace fresco). Everyone I met, I instantly loved. There is no good way to describe it, but I just wanted to do anything and give everything to every person. That is how I want to feel all the time, and I know that is how Christ feels all the time except to a far greater extent. It was freezing on Saturday but I couldn't help but be incredibly happy all day. Also we got chased by 2 stray pit-bulls and a chihuahua. Overall a great week. It really makes you appreciate family, I love you guys a whole lot! Thanks for being good examples to me. xoxo -Hermana M. Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment