Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Years! Laredo, Texas welcomed the new year with an intense cold front which caused some painful contacting for the last week! Everyday this week, I wore my only pair of leggings under my only pair of tights and socks on my hands in my pockets. Good thing I got the opportunity to do laundry this morning cause those leggings needed it. Alright well, this week was full of choices to happy. And I feel that I did a pretty good job of choosing the latter - Sister Sainsbury and I have a whole paper full of 'positive affirmations' that we read, yell or sing to each other everyday. ...some of our favorites include... "I am a magnet to success. Everything I touch is success." "Infinite wisdom fills my mind like a mighty river." "I am lovable, loving and loved." "I touch, move and inspire others." we even had a moment this week were we were just jumping on the beds - yelling them at each other...maybe not the most appropriate thing to do but I left the apartment to work feeling like a million bucks. Dec. 31, 2014 - spent on the mission. Well as a special mission-wide treat on new years eve, all the missionaries get to gather as zones and watch a movie - this year we watched 'Frozen'. I loved it. A less active family heard that the movie would be showing at the church so they came and watched it with us, just them and all the missionaries - it was hilarious! Jan. 1, 2015 - Everyone just basically told us to go home until one nice old lady let us in and told us her whole life story when her husband served in the Vietnam War. I love people, I could tell she was just so so happy to have someone listen to her - her husband has gone deaf. She was the best part of that day. We did a great job of getting members out with us this week but every lesson 'no showed' us. Some members decided to just come contacting, but as the missionary - I just felt bad. Hopefully everyone had a good week, and if you went to a lesson with a missionary this week and the lesson was canceled - I would like to apologize. LOVE you ALL! Hermana M. Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment