Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Hi. I'm Sister Crawford.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I didn't transfer and happy to be with Sister Barton.
Sister Trevort, Sister Barton and me Transfers - numero 6; Laredo, TX with Sis. Barton! Well this last week I still had no idea if I would be staying in Laredo or headed somewhere new, but the possibility of being here with my same favorite companion seemed far too good to be true. As a result of my lack of faith, I completely packed all my belongings in preparation for the call to find out who was going to where. Monday (feb. 23) at 10:48pm we got the transfer call. Anyone getting transferred had to be completely packed and ready to leave by tuesday morning at 5:30am at the church. I had already laid down to go to the sleep with all my luggage packed in preparation but then I found out that I got to stay. Tuesday (feb. 24) consisted of cleaning the apartment, un-packing my belongings and working for a couple of hours before our newbie missionary arrived, sis. tervort. We planned a group dinner at the Martinez's home. Watching sis. tervort piece together the spanglish conversation just brought me back to when I first arrived in Edinburg. Having a greenie has made me realize all the things that have changed within my time on the mission - and bonus on understanding and being able to communicate my thoughts in spanish! Wednesday (feb. 25) we got to weed one of our members yards, the Mejia's and it left me thinking a lot about faith and repentance. A seed isn't able to grow until you are willing to put it in the ground with the potential of it dying. Developing faith requires us to be ready and willing to sacrifice in order to grow ourselves. Weeds and other destructive things have no fear of dying which is why they so easily grow in the most unexpected places. ...our goals can never be reached if we aren't willing and ready to sacrifice things and pay the price in order to grow...
Out of time but still working on growing, and so ready for another week. All my love and the love from Laredo! xoxooxx hermana m. crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment